Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Go Green

Just when everybody is going "green" these days, I find myself falling in love with green too. Not that I didn't like the color green before. (Apple green is always refreshing to look at; metallic green is incredibly edgy.) It's just I didn't think a green top or dress would look good on me, until that day I tried on this emerald green T-shirt. It had large areas of graphics in steel gray on top of the green. I couldn't help wondering if it was the luscious emerald green, or the cool steel gray, or the combination of two colors (plus modern graphics) that made a simple T-shirt look so eye-catching. Until later on I hit the internet and found out that jewel tones are actually a big fashion trend for this fall. Emerald green is certainly there on the runways. Designers like Alberta Ferretti, Oscar De La Renta, Amanda Wakeley, Badgley Mischka, Bill Blass have all created stunning pieces in luscious greens. My favorite one has to be this skirt from Bill Blass (as shown in the last picture). Paired with a fancy blue top like that, the whole look is so trendy and dramatic yet still beautiful and feminine.


No comments: